Image credit: vern, via Flickr
We need a few people to help with the smooth running of the Mt Victoria Inner City Festival on Saturday 28 February. There are some simple, straightforward tasks that we need a hand with, such as …
Friday 27 February, during the day
• Preparing stall sites
• Chalking the streets as promotion
• Set up inside of stalls, exhibitions, workshop area – generally getting things ready
Saturday 28 February – Festival day!
• Picking up a bouncy castle from 40 Lincoln Ave, Avalon – car with tow bar needed (and returning at the end of the day)
• Manning the road closure – 2 hour stints from 8am
• Setting up/cleaning up
• Manning the trust stall/HQ selling raffles, jam and providing information (schedules etc will be provided)
• Manning the sausage sizzle or steak sandwiches
• Rubbish/Recycling management
• Managing workshops and art/photo exhibitions (Inside Crossways)
• Collecting a koha for the historical walks at 11.30am and 1pm
• Baking for volunteers
• Providing a car park/s for affected residents in Caroline and Roxburgh for the day
The times we need help from are anytime between 8am – 5pm.
If you are able to help to make this event a huge success – we’d be so grateful! There may be another way you’d like to help out, so we’re all ears.
If you can help, please e-mail event organiser Tania Austin – tania[at]mtvictoria.org.nz.